Want help writing objectives? Get my ‘quick start sheet’ packed full of typical example objectives from people just like you. Make sure you have SMART objectives, SMART goals and SMART targets. All you need to do is make any necessary modifications then just copy and paste them into your own objectives.
26 examples of typical IT objectives for you to modify copy and paste, with explanations.
IT objectives are hard to write
Many IT objectives tend to be around supporting others. You need to be clear exactly what this means. But often they don’t know either, so that can make the objectives hard to get right.
We’ve gathered together examples from may IT people just like you. We’ve put them into this document – our ‘quick start sheet’.
All you need to do is make any necessary modifications then just copy and paste them into your own objectives.
You’ll find the badly written objectives together with what they should really look like and our explanation of how to do it.
Every single example is from a real client – you will recognize many of them.
Here are just a few examples of badly written objectives:
- To ensure a permanent communication channel with the IT Management team allowing the needs and strategy of these business to be understood.
- Support and implement software transition to business as usual
- Implement organisational changes
- Ensure compliance within company procedures and legislation
- Ensure we can successfully support the new APPD application. Arrange overviews with RA. Collate document and issue to the team.
- Become a resource and asset in setting up and configuring TP daily and weekly backups. (Liaise with Technical Services on how we configure TP), Provide detailed documentation and issue to all members of the team
- Ensure the timely, efficient and quality controlled release of new software.
Sadly, many people are used to struggling with objectives just like these. Come annual review time, how can you know you have met them? By getting these objectives right you’ll find they are easier to achieve and you will be able to work out you plan effectively.
There are no reviews yet.