Dealing with poor performance can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. It can be anything from an individual not achieving their goals or objectives to bad behavior. It is vital to nip it in the bud. It is a key aspect of effective performance management.
This booklet gives you the tools in easy steps and even has examples of what to say so it’s easy for you get it right. Don’t wait; tackle it now.
- Basic Strategies
- Types of poor performance
- How to deal with people who have not achieved their objectives or aren’t going to
- How to deal with poor behaviour
- What to say to the individual in the meeting
- The questions to ask
- The steps to follow
- How to define standards for them to achieve, including 9 examples that you can use in your own situation
- How to agree an action plan for improvement
- What to do when personal issues impinge on work
- With this booklet you will have the confidence and tools be able to tackle performance issues quickly and effectively before they become serious problems.
Poor performance can be a massive cost to any organization. If you don’t tackle it, not only do you have the impact of the poor performance itself, but others who see that issues are not tackled can find it very de-motivating.
The more senior the individual, the worse the situation and the greater the impact. However, if people get the help they need, many can improve their performance to meet the standards you require.
Use this step-by-step guide to help you tackle the performance issues that have been holding you back.